The Yeatman wine cellar boasts more than 1,000 wines from around the world.
Home > Porto > Port Wine
Port is one of the world's great classic wines. The grapes are grown in the mountainous upper Douro Valley two hours drive inland from Oporto.
This spectacular area, where the vineyards are planted on narrow walled terraces clinging to the steep mountainsides, was the first wine region to be legally demarcated in 1756. Its historic vineyards are a World Heritage site.
After the wine is made, it is brought down to the ‘lodges' of the Port houses in Oporto to be aged and blended. Located a few steps from these ancient cellars, The Yeatman is the ideal starting point for a visit to the most famous Port houses. Moreover its link with the Port trade will allow it to offer an unparalleled Port selection including many rarities.
For the wine lover, a trip to the spectacular Douro Valley is not to be missed. The Yeatman is uniquely placed to organize visits and itineraries in this extraordinary wine region. Cruise boats linking Oporto to the vineyard area depart from the quayside a few minutes walk away. Arrangements can also be made for guests to travel to the Douro Valley by train, considered to be one of the great railway journeys in the world.
What's a Wine Partner?
This luxury 5 * hotel in Porto represents the very best of Portuguese wine.Read More >
Herdade das Servas is located in Estremoz, Alentejo, Portugal and belongs to the Serrano Mira family. The family owns 200 hectares of vines and has been producing fine wines for countless generations. Fiuza in your life! Fiuza & Bright started as a partnership, in 1985, between the Fiuza family, with a long tradition in viticulture, and the internationally renowned Australian oenologist Peter B... For nearly 250 years the star of Quinta Nova N. S. Carmo in the Douro, has been the 120 hectares of terroir that mirror dedication to wine culture and tradition, and which result in the production of ... The Adega Cooperativa de Favaios is located in the heart of Douro since 1952. This 750 hectare farm, a benchmark in the Alentejo, was inherited by Dona Maria de Lourdes S.A. de Noronha Lopes and husband Eng. António Lopes.